I am a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon with a subspecialist interest in knee arthroplasty and ligament reconstruction surgery. My NHS practice invovles dealing with multiligament knee injuries, knee arthroscopy and meniscal surgery, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and primary and revision total knee replacement. My private practice mirrors my NHS practice without exception.
Professional affiliations and memberships
- BASK (British Association for Surgery of the Knee)
- BOA (British Orthopaedic Association)
- BMA (British Medical Association)
I have several publications including the uses of drains in orthopaedic surgery and the role of lateral release in knee surgery.
Outside of work I enjoy time with my family, walking my golden retriever and playing the piano.
Personal web links
- Primary Total Knee Replacement - 200 (December 2009 - December 2011)
- Knee Arthroscopy - 400 (December 2009 - December 2011)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction - 50 (August 2010 - November 2011)
- Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction - 15 (August 2010 - November 2011)
Audit / Outcomes
Outcomes routinely recorded:
Patient assessed outcome measures