Mr Gareth Brown is a Consultant Urological Surgeon based at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant and in his private consultant practice at both the Vale Healthcare and Spire private hospitals in Cardiff.
He graduated from the University Of Wales College Of Medicine, Cardiff in 1995, undertook basic surgical and urological training in South Wales and in 2007 he was awarded an MD for research into bladder cancer. Following the completion of his urological training he then undertook advanced specialist training at the University College London Hospital, the largest Andrology unit in the UK.
He holds current memberships with the British Association of Urological Surgery (BAUS), the British Society for Sexual Medicine (BSSM), the British Medical Association and the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Gareth is actively involved in multi-disciplinary oncology and is the surgical lead for penile cancer in South East Wales
Gareth is an NHS consultant with both emergency and elective sessions. He carries out diagnostic work including prostate assessment and cystoscopy and manages all core urological conditions including haematuria (blood in urine), urinary incontinence, recurrent urinary infection (cystitis) and kidney stones.
Within Urology, Gareth has particular expertise in Andrology and takes referrals from multiple sites within South Wales. This subspeciality includes:
• Male infertility including surgical sperm retrieval PESA, MESA and microsurgical TESE for ICSI.
• Genital oncology including surgical treatment of cancer of the penis and testis.
• Sexual dysfunction including medical and surgical treatments for erectile dysfunction (impotence)
• Ejaculatory disorders including premature ejaculation.
• Testicular pain
• Peyronie’s Disease - medical and surgical treatments
• Other surgery of the penis such as circumcision, preputioplasty, frenuloplasty, penile reconstruction for balanitis xerotica obliterans and disorders of the suspensory ligament.