Developed and instituted systematic perioperative quality indicator measurement and reporting.
Redesigned anaesthetic room layout using industrial design principles to improve efficiency, safety and ecconomy.
Perioperative quality indicators.
Audit / Outcomes
Outcomes routinely recorded:
Patient assessed outcome measures
- SF36 or other Short Form measure : No
- HRQOL : No
- Locally produced questionnaire : Yes
- (Please specify) : Quality of recovery score
- Peri-operative infection rate : No
- Late infection rate : No
- Peri-operative : Yes
- 30 day : No
- Longer term : No
- Time period : 0
- Complication rates : Yes
- Details : Perioperative hypothermia
Postoperative nausea and vomiting
Prolonged postanaesthesia care unit admission
- Data recorded for all patients or only summary statistics?
- Information held electronically or on paper? : Electronic
- Data benchmarked against other surgeons or centres using the same methodology? : No
- Data regularly reviewed or analysed by department?