I have over 30 years of experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist within the NHS and private sectors. After becoming a consultant in 1976 I worked at Basildon NHS Hospital until 1986 when I made the move to private practice. I held positions as medical director within the Priory and Cygnet Groups before my current position as Director and Consultant at Private Psychiatry. We hold clinics across London and the Home Counties offering our patients first class care and service in convenient locations.
Professional affiliations and memberships
- Member of the Association of European Psychiatrists (AEP)
- Member of the Independent Doctors Federation (IDF)
- Member of the Federation of Independent Practitioner Organisations (FIPO)
- Member of the GMC's panel of Psychiatric Examiners and Assessors
- Specialist Advisor on Fitness to Practice Panels
Click on an image for a description.
- Private Psychiatry offer clinics across London, Kent, Surrey, Essex, East Sussex, Beds, Northants and Herts.
- The Consultants at Private Psychiatry, Dr Declan Leahy, Dr Adrian Winbow and Dr Clare Kevis
I am married with three adult children. I enjoy flying, opera concerts, the theatre, walking and travel.